PR Lessons from the BP oil spill by Troy Reimink:
1. Even if what you’re saying is technically correct for whatever business reason, be aware of how it will read to the layperson.
2. Before doing anything, stop and think about what message it will send regarding your priorities.
3. Appearing humorless isn’t going to help.
4. Beware the wrath of musicians long past their prime.
5. Do not follow the Exxon playbook for crisis management.
6. If you’re BP CEO Tony Hayward, basically just do the opposite of everything you’re doing now.
7. Maybe don’t have cameras around when you’re figuring out how to clean up a coffee spill.
This article was written by Troy Reimink and is featured on mLive.com. To view the whole story, click here.